Pre Moving Checklist
For your move to go as smooth as possible, it is important to be organized and this pre moving checklist can help to just that. Following the advice here will not only save you money on your next move, but will also be as stress free as possible.
2-4 Weeks In Advance
- Make reservations with Sebastian Moving Orlando we will be happy to pack you, too!
- Contact Sebastian Moving® for any boxes and packing supplies.
- Clean out closets, attic, garage, basement, etc.
- Have a garage sale or donate to charity items you will not be moving.
- Arrange for transfer of school records.
- Get plenty of change of address cards from the Post Office.
- Notify magazines, charge accounts, insurance companies, clubs, and other organizations of your change of address.
1-2 Weeks In Advance
- Make a “survival closet” of things for last cleanup (broom, dust cloth, etc.), as well as a snack, for survival.
- If you decide to pack yourself, label all boxes as you pack. Write the destination (by room) on top and sides of each box.
- Schedule disconnect dates for gas, electric, water, and telephone companies. Don’t disconnect your telephone until after the move. Schedule connections for your new home.
- Cancel newspapers, cable TV, security, pest control, cleaning help, lawn maintenance, and other services.
- Mail in your change of address forms.
- Clean the stove.
- Empty, defrost and thoroughly dry refrigerator and freezer.
- Get sufficient cash to tide you over.
- Set aside personal items, that movers should not move (clothing, paperwork, prescriptions).
- Make sure your paperwork is completed for the new place, so that the movers can start unloading as soon as they arrive.
- Say goodbye to your neighbors!